Tuesday 10 March 2015

How I Changed My Life....

Hey everyone.......

Since I was a kid I always had a dream of becoming an animator. Disney movies fascinated me and I dreamt that one day I would work with them and create something magical....



But, in our country it is very difficult to choose a stream not widely popular and known about. When I expressed my desire to take up a course in animation after school I was told I was running away from studies and should concentrate on getting a good score so that I can get into a good college and do B.Tech.

At that age without the support of your parents it is not possible to do much. So, I silently gave up on my dreams and sat down to study. I got into a decent college and finished my B.Tech. After that I got a job in the IT sector.

After two years of doing something I found no interest in I finally made up my mind that I had to change things. I could no longer live a monotonous life which gave me no joy.

I took it upon myself to change my life for the better. I  joining weekend animation classes. It made things very hectic as I had no time left to relax but I knew if I wanted things to change I would have to put in extra effort. During these classes I realized that I was always happy there. I loved doing the tasks assigned there and the teachers found my work quite impressive.

I then decided to take a  very bold decision for myself. I quit my IT sector job and went for a full time animation course. I had saved enough from my job to pay the fees there. These people did not offer me any job security but I was confident that this was my stream and I just had to make it into this. My parents were not very happy with my decision but I knew this was what I wanted.

After a full year course I managed to get a decent job at an animation firm. The pay wasn't as good as my IT job but I was happy and content. Now, after working for over a year my pay has increased and I am very happy with how my life turned out. Even my parents are happy for me as they see the positive change all this has brought in me.

I am extremely glad that I mustered enough courage that time and took the bold decision to start my new life in this new industry which has changed my life for the better. #StartANewLife

Housing  is a company that believes and encourages positive changes. Check out their latest advertisement which inspires to #StartANewLife via positive changes.

       



10 comments:

  1. That is amazing that you had the courage to make such a big change and do what really makes you happy! Congratulations :)

    xxx
    Camilla
    http://avenuecamilla.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great post sis.
    Congrats on your journey!
    I'm happy you figure out what you really want in life.
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute photo :) M&MFASHIONBITES mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you, Neha. Doing what makes one happy is all that matters. I wanted to do Broadcasting since I was a kid. After gaining two degrees in different subjects, I still felt something was missing, so I went ahead and studied Broadcasting Media Technology. I'm glad I did, so I don't regret it for the rest of my life. I'm not working in that sector yet, but do freelance here and there. -I'll get there gradually by the grace. Great post! :)

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting post! Congrats! =)

    http://whattostyle.blogspot.com

    xoxo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Iwill star college next year and I'm so sure I want to study a Design career, I don't care about money, I want to work of something that makes me happy.
    Loved reading this!
    Obsessed Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'm so glad you followed your dreams, good for you!
    Rosanna x
    Rose’s Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you followed your dreams! I hope to see you animating Pixar and Disney movies in the future

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great that u kept alive of your dream and chased :) keep going

    Vinod

    ReplyDelete

Thnx for dropping by my blog...Do leave ur love via comments..n if u too write a blog do leave the links..Id love to check them out... :)